Monday, January 28, 2008

Getting Closer!!







Despite the snow on the ground and the nasty chill in the air, rodeo season for Austin is just around the corner. Membership forms, notarized statements saying we won't sue if he is killed or injured and schedules abound in my e-mail and on my desk...all begging to be filled out and returned...with check, of course. Before we know it, the sun will be warm upon us, beating down like Dante's inferno and we will beg for the cool days of winter...but NOT today!




I just love rodeo season, despite the scorching heat and suffocating dust. I love watching the kids chase goats, weave poles, round barrels, but especially hold on for the most thrilling roller coaster in the west. Now, the getting up early and long drives I could do without but when I see his grimy, dirt streaked face beaming with pride after he covers his first ride of the season, it makes trudging through the mud pit of winter worth it. The excitement and exhileration of knowing that he conquered the beast is an image I pray I never will forget...no matter how old he (or I for that matter) gets.





So, the first rodeo of the season? OJBRA in Hermiston in April. Schedules and details to follow!

Also, we could never make this dream possible without the help of our sponsors so...we salute you and thank you for your continued support.


It's not too late to sponsor Austin this year! Let us know as we would love to have you on board. We are working on a sponsorship program that will include ADVERTISING for your business!
See you all soon!
"A man, a horse and a dog never get weary of each other's company." -anonoymous

Mom of the Rodeostar

1 comment:

my4kids said...

I could sure go for a little heat right about now also. We are freezing right now and plenty of snow.
I'm looking forward to hearing about Austin and the rodeos this season!